It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours when requested to do so. The school uniform list is given below.
School Uniform is as follows and should be worn by all children:
- Red V-neck Jumper or Cardigan with the Inkpen Primary School logo
- White shirt with red tie
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- In summer term only girls may wear a red and white summer dress or top and skirt
- Black or brown shoes (not boots)
- Socks and tights must be plain white, grey or black
- Coats (no specific design or colour, but weather appropriate)
- Ties are optional in the summer term except for official visits/activities. E.g. School Photos
- Trainers (bare feet for indoor P.E.)
- Plain black shorts
- Red T-Shirt with Inkpen Primary School logo
- Red round neck sweatshirt with Inkpen Primary School logo
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Children must bring a PE kit to be allowed to participate in P.E.
- Watches and earrings should not be worn during P.E.
- Rain mac for outdoor P.E. topics
Items with the school logo can be purchased online from www.trutexuniformsnewbury.co.uk or from the School Trutex shop in Bartholomew Street Newbury.
Swimming (Year 1-5)
- Swimming kit may be of any colour and should be suitable for a swimming lesson
- One piece swimming costume for girls and swimming trunks for boys, not shorts
- Swimming hat. Hats with an Inkpen logo are available from the school office, but a hat of any colour is permitted.
- Goggles adjusted to fit and conforming with safety standard BS5883-1996
All items of clothing should be marked clearly with the child’s name.
If parents are not certain of whether an item of uniform or accessory will be acceptable under the terms of this policy, they should check with the school office or headteacher prior to purchasing or their child wearing it into school.
“Failure leads to success” – quote from Red Kite class